6.13.2013

This Week's Fun

Sunny and Thunder are taking a break from pre-school/daycare this summer. I still have them two days a week and the other days are covered by Gabe, Jessica, and a babysitter. Since it is summer, I'm trying to come up with some theme days to add to our fun.

Monday was Joke Day. Sunny has discovered Knock-Knock Jokes. I can only remember one, so I googled them and printed out four pages of age-appropriate jokes. On Monday in the middle of our activity I would announce "It's joke time!" We'd read three or four knock-knock jokes, laugh hysterically and resume our activity. It was a huge success and on Tuesday she exclaimed "Let's have joke day again!".

But I had other plans for Tuesday. We met Joanna and her kids at the splash pad for some cool water fun. I was disappointed that Sunny and Thunder did not react enthusiastically to the splash pad. Thunder didn't venture in at all, and Sunny didn't try until we were ready to leave. Oh well. Now they know what to expect and I think they'll be more willing when we try it again later this summer. I did get a few cute photos to share...

Kat lending support to Sunny

They chose a small fountain to start with
  
She's brave enough to stand on it!


Trying to convince Thunder to try.

Shelby gave Sunny this bag for her birthday.
After Sunny finished coloring it I snapped this photo.
I love the way Thunder has his arm around Sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.