6.05.2013

In the Garden - Irises

While we were in Manhattan KS visiting JD and Janel, we went to the K-State Gardens. We had been there on an earlier visit during the Autumn and it was so beautiful. I wanted to see it in the Spring.

The garden was featuring Irises. There were dozens of different varieties of Irises on display. They have a sale during Mother's Day weekend and again at the end of July when the public can come in and purchase the plants. There was a list with all of the varieties featured, but I didn't pick one up.

I thought I'd share some of the gorgeous flowers with you. I took so many photos of so many varieties that I know I'd lose readers if I posted them all. I'll share some of the most unique (to me) ones with you. Unfortunately I can't identify which variety you're seeing. But they are all beautiful!





 
 

 





 


 



4 comments:

  1. Very stunning. Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures!! I used to live there, you know. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! Those flowers are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love irises and these are beautiful!! I didn't realize there were so many varieties...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.