6.06.2013

Four

Four years ago today I became Grammy. If you're a grandparent, you understand the awesomeness of this role. If you're not yet a grandparent, no one can adequately explain to you what it means to be one. I used to dream about being a grandma. As my friends became grandmas, I would watch their shining eyes and  listen to them rave about their love for the grandchildren. I thought I got it, but still didn't get it. Not until they placed that tiny baby in my arms did I start to grasp what a blessing she was and what joy she would bring. I've been blessed with three grandchildren so far. What joy they do bring!

Sunny has been excited all week about her upcoming birthday. The kids were over on Monday and mid-morning she spotted a princess wrapped present on my kitchen table:

Sunny: What's that?
Me: Oh, it's a present for a little girl I know who has a birthday in four days.
Sunny: Me?!
Me: Yep.
Sunny: What's in it?
Me: You'll have to wait until Thursday to see.
Sunny: Ohhh!

And with a huge smile on her face she skipped off to play. An hour or so later she came up to me in the office, threw her arms around me and exclaimed, "Grammy, I looovve the present you got for me!" and skipped off to play some more.

She is beautiful, precocious, joyful, intelligent, talkative, funny, creative, caring, silly, musical, imaginative, artistic, thoughtful, strong, and loving. I am amazed at her depth. I am privileged to spend so much time with her. I am thankful that she made me "Grammy". I love her "to the moon and back".

Happy 4th Birthday, Sunny!



4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Sunny! Guess what?! She is 4 today. I am 44 today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a darling girl. All your grands are grand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so super sweet! Happy bday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, so sweet! She is a beautiful girl! Happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.