Our 32nd anniversary was this past Thursday and Dan only had one appraisal appointment, so afterward we set off to some Estate Sales. I saw a glass topped box at one, but since I've already purchased several boxes and haven't yet done anything with them I thought I'd better pass this one by. Dan spied it too, and held it out for me to look at as he was sliding the lid off... That's when I realized it was a frame lid and I knew I had at least two completed pieces at home that would fit in it. Since it was only $3, it was a bargain indeed!
We brought it home and here is the result!
I haven't decided what, if anything I'll do to the interior. I've already loaded it up with miscellaneous stitching supplies and it's residing next to my stitching chair.
This has nothing to do with stitching, but I also bought this cute step stool. It actually looks homemade, and the steps are too narrow for practical use (at least by my grandkids!), so I'm using it as a shelving unit in the window seat in my kitchen nook. Another bargain at just $10, I couldn't pass it by!
Nice finds! I love the sentiment of the piece you put in the box. :D
ReplyDeleteNicely done! Love the box finish.
ReplyDeleteCute little step stool shelf. I like how you used it. Cool box for your stitching goodies, too. Happy Belated Anniversary!
ReplyDelete