4.15.2013

Praying for Boston

I feel a tiny bit of deja vu. I am a total news junkie and the cable news plays in my home almost continually. I don't sit and watch it, but I have it on in the background. Today as I sat down to lunch, the local news was on and I saw the first report of the bombings in Boston. My first thoughts turned to a friend that has run the Marathon a time or two, so I wanted to check to be sure she wasn't there this year. She wasn't.

After a few minutes, I realized this story was getting bigger so I turned to my favorite cable news network. As always at the beginning of a big story there's more conjecture than fact. More dramatics. More conspiracies and theories. But it was pretty evident that this is an attack of some sort.

I don't know who. I don't know why. I don't know if this is a beginning. A distraction. A one-time fluke. But I do know this. There are people in Boston who are injured. There are people missing. There are families separated. There are fatalities.

We need to be praying.

1 comment:

  1. We are praying here Vicki. Yes, I agree. THIS COUNTRY needs to be praying. We have abandoned God. Cut him out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.