9.18.2012

A Day in the Life at Grammy's House

Yesterday was a great day at Grammy Daycare. Sunny is getting old enough that she can play by herself for long stretches of time. Thunder is enjoying the freedom of walking wherever he wants to go whenever the urge hits him. I just love to eavesdrop on Sunny's play time. She has an active imagination and she talks to and for all of her little animal and dolly friends.

She attended her first movie in the theatre this weekend. So yesterday a lot of her play centered on turning the lights off to have a show. Thunder's big thing is rocking in rocking chairs. He rocks a few times and then starts "singing" as he rocks. I haven't managed to snap a photo yet but I'm hoping to soon.

Is there anything that brings as much joy as grandkids?!

Sunny wore her headband today and thought Rascal would enjoy wearing it as well. Poor dog, he's still wearing the cone from his surgery a few weeks ago. He's such a good sport!

She wanted a picture with Summer. This is as close as Summer will allow her to get. 

This is one of those imaginative play times I love to listen to. She gathered all of her friends and lined them up for a "birthday show". I don't know where she gets her ideas from!


4 comments:

  1. I have always loved to eavesdrop on play time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say your grandkids are beautiful? Such a joy they must be to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun at grammy's! I love the colorful inchworm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun day at Grammy's....can I come play???
    Looks like the girls are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.