I have my bags ready. I have my list. I looked at the map online and I have my plan of attack laid out. Yes, it's that time of year again. Time for the VNSA Book Sale! I look forward to this event literally 365 days a year. When we leave the sale on Saturday, I will already be anticipating the next year's event.
The purpose of the VNSA Used Book Sale is to raise funds for nonprofit human service agencies. This year the funds go to Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation and Literacy Volunteers of Maricopa County. Since the first book sale in 1957, VNSA has returned more than $6,000,000 to local nonprofit humans service agencies locally.
The sale is held each year on the second weekend in February at the Arizona State Fairgrounds in the Exhibit Building. There are more than 600,000 books available at this sale. That is not a typo. 600,000 books. It is a book lover's dream. You can check out a partial list of rare and unusual books being offered this year here.
If you live in the Phoenix area and are interested in attending, the hours are 8am-6pm on Saturday, 8am-4pm on Sunday. Most books are half price on Sunday. I have literally walked into this sale some years and seen copies of books that are newly published for $5. Prices begin at 60 cents and go up from there. Most newly published books cost $5-$9. The older books range from $1-$3.
For more info, watch the video. I hope to see you there!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.