2.14.2012

Happy Valentine's Day

This morning Dan and I exchanged Valentine's cards. He saw his before I got mine open and he started to laugh. That was definitely NOT the reaction I was expecting, so I asked him what was funny. He said look at your card and you'll see. I did and started to laugh too. We had Sunny with us when we went card shopping. I guess her presence must have influenced both of us because I bought him and Mickey Mouse card and he bought me a Mickey and Minnie Mouse card! We both admitted that Sunny figured into our choice of card for each other. Grandchildren... they permeate every aspect of our life! haha

He also got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. They came in a box from the Fed-Ex truck. He has never done that before and it was kind of fun!

Yesterday when Sunny and Thunder showed up, I went out to help Katie get them into the house. I could hear Sunny screaming "Happy Valentine's Day, Grammy! Happy Valentine's Day, Gramps!" I opened the door to get her out of her car seat and she thrust three Valentine Hearts into my hand. One was for me, one was for Gramps, and one was for Duke, Rascal, and Summer! They were from her and Thunder and she had colored on all three of them. She spent the morning waving the one for the animals in their faces and telling them Happy Valentine's Day. It was so cute.

I haven't received Valentine's so special since my own kids were little and presented me with their handmade creations!

Dan and I are going to dinner later on and then we're going to buy an elliptical machine. Nothing says love like buying exercise equipment together!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Happy Val's Day to you! Love the cards. ha ha

    falling shamrocks are super cool!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.