12.16.2019

2019 Stockings

As you know if you've been reading my blog for a while, I love to make Christmas stockings for my family. I always stitch two stockings for each family member, one for my house and one for their house. Although I love to stitch the stockings, I'm a terrible procrastinator when it comes to assembling them. I sew them by hand and it is a tedious process (at least for me). Each stocking takes me three to four months to stitch.

Here's a peek at the stockings I completed this year:





I am stocking-ed out for this year, but will take up needle and floss after Christmas to work on the three I need to stitch for next Christmas.

6 comments:

  1. Those stockings are so much stitching!! Beautiful work. I hear you on the finishing -- it's always the part I hate most. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. It took me forever to stitch Sophia's and then I took it to someone to assemble. It's still going strong 26 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vicki! These are just absolutely gorgeous! What heirlooms you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what wonderful, wonderful work you did on these stockings, Vicki! I know your family members will treasure them--and two of each! Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are absolutely beautiful, Vicki! Years ago there was a series in a cross stitching magazine that I really would have loved to stitch. I never did it, though. I admire you so much for doing these intricate projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're an amazing stitcher! I can only imagine the amount of time spent and the love that goes with each stocking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.