12.31.2019

One Word 2020

My one word for 2019 was resolute. I have to say that I think I did a pretty good job of staying resolute over the year. I'm surprised at the effect that word had on my dealing with the challenges and opportunities that life throws our way.

So, time to pick a new word. I'm choosing steadfast for my one word in 2020. It's not a word that leaps to mind very often, but I think it's a good word to follow resolute. As you can see, resolute is featured in the definition of steadfast.

To me resolute sounds more assertive and deliberate, where steadfast sounds like a habit to be developed. That's just my opinion.

Anyway, hopefully my venture into resolute-ness has led me to me more steadfast! haha

stead·fast
/ˈstedˌfast/
adjective
adjective: steadfast
  1. resolutely or dutifully firm and unwavering.
    "steadfast loyalty"
    Similar:
    loyal
    faithful
    committed
    devoted
    dedicated
    dependable

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.