I have long wished to have a flourishing Tropical Bird of Paradise in my yard. A few years ago I decided to take the risk and we purchased two plants for our yard. We planted them right outside of our Family Room window, hoping they would grow tall enough to be our view one day.
They got off to a slow start, but this past summer we finally started to see some blooms. They opened, but were disappointing. Last week I was in the yard putting something away when I noticed that I had a new bloom... a perfect bloom!
I'm thrilled and hope this is the first of many. As you can see, they have not yet grown tall enough to be our view, but I think in a couple of years they will have. In the meantime, I'm enjoying this beautiful exotic bloom... right in my own back yard!

Oh yes, this is gorgeous. Good for you Vicki. As I view your gorgeous flower, I am looking at the snow coming down out here!
ReplyDeleteNever had luck with these plants. Maybe I will try them again this Spring. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThat's beautiful! Isn't it funny how we keep checking until, one day, suddenly we are surprised? I love that. Sure would not find that one here!
ReplyDeleteWishing you a blessed Christmas ... maybe even some cool weather days? I'm sure you'll be enjoying the warmth of family either way.
Oh I love these beautiful flowers
ReplyDelete