8.10.2015

Happy Birthday to Me!

I will admit it without shame. I love my birthday! I have always loved it. I'm not much for getting unexpected gifts, but I love to receive gifts on my birthday, Mother's Day, and Christmas. I am also not coy about sharing my age. I am 59 years old as of today. And proud of every year. I think aging is a huge accomplishment. Especially when you think of all of the experiences, challenges, and opportunities that make up a year of our lives.

This year to celebrate, I chose a party at Peter Piper Pizza. It was held yesterday at lunch. I chose this option for two reasons; 1) the grandkids would love it, and 2) I finally got to play some games and win some tickets myself!

Dan and I got there early to order the pizza. He bought 100 tokens and I started playing. My goal was to win as many tickets as I could and then distribute them among the three older grandkids. Woo-hoo! By the time they had arrived I had won 350 tickets. They were so excited.

Skye gave me a birthday card that she had signed herself with a picture of me drawn on the back. Thunder gave me a cave that Batman hides in (I slipped it back into his mom's purse when the party was over) and Sunny gave me a yellow #2 pencil (un-sharpened) a Hello Kitty ring, and a dime. Awww, what great gifts that hey all picked out themselves!

Jessica baked my favorite - Angel Food Cake. We had a marvelous time!

I still have several freebie and discount email "gifts" that have arrived this month. So far, the only one we've used is the free burger at Red Robin. I have the rest of them stacked up and ready to use this week.

All in all, 59 is fantastic!

Thanking Skye for her flattering drawing of me

Sunny, Skye, Storm, Thunder 

Helping me blow out the candles

Storm wants to play with Thunder, he knows those slots mean something!

Gramps and Sunny winning a race

Skye "letting" Daddy win

Thunder and Skye

Sunny and Storm

Me with three out of my four babies,
I miss you, JD!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Vicki! What a wonderful way to spend it. You are truly blessed with a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of a better way to celebrate your birthday than with those sweet grandchildren of yours (and angel food cake)... Wishing you a wonderful last year in your 50s (and I turned 60 in January and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so sweet! Looks like a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday! Happy belated birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like you had a great family themed day out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.