5.26.2015

The Family Gardener

Thunder has the makings of becoming a great gardener. Sunny brought home two plant starts in January, a tomato plant and a sunflower. To our great satisfaction, they both lived and are thriving. Last week we harvested our first tomato. Thunder heads out every morning after breakfast when he's here to inspect the tomato plant and then comes in with a progress report for me. When we picked the tomato, he explained to me how I should slice it. But when Dan asked him if he liked tomatoes and wanted a taste he said, "no thank you, I don't like tomatoes yet." I guess that's something he's working towards!

Although you can't tell from his expression, he was very excited over the tomato, but the sun was in his eyes. 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I recall our kids when they were young helping in the garden. Not many raspberries made it to the house. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny and clever.. I don't like tomatoes "yet"... I have to remember that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.