5.18.2015

A (gasp) Stitching Post!

Yes, I have been stitching this year. I've actually completed nine projects. What I have not been doing however, is taking photos and posting.

Last week I got myself together and framed several pieces. I have many more to frame and hope to complete that task by June 1.

Here's a peek at what I've been up to:

This is the last square I committed to stitching on Jessica's afghan
 
I stitched this in 2013 and finally framed it last week.
That's not TOO bad, is it?!

Same deal here, took me two years to finally frame it.

Yippee! Finally a project that I stitched and framed all in the same month.

Another 2015 stitching project. I love the fabric from PTP, but I forgot to note which one it is.

Speaking of Picture This Plus, I will be heading over to Abilene Kansas soon to visit Marilyn and the rest of the staff. I am so excited and can't wait to purchase some new fabric.

I have a new (to me) philosophy of stitching this year. I'm mainly stitching for myself. I have a few project I must make for others, but not many. I'm also going through my stash with a critical eye as to what I'm really going to ever stitch. There are so many new patterns that call to me, but I don't buy them because of all the old (some are REALLY old) patterns that I have on the waiting list. I will be listing the ones I want to discard on a future post. They will all be free, but I will need to have the postage covered by the recipient this time around. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed seeing your stitching and framed pieces. The PTP fabric is wonderful--enjoy the visit to Abilene :)

    And no--stitching in 2013 and framing in 2015 is not bad at all... I would hate to confess how old some of my "waiting to be framed" finishes really are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad to see these all framed up Vicki. How wonderful your walls will look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did this myself yesterday....cleaning out and going through to remember what I do and what I don't :)
    I love ALL your projects Vicki! They are all gorgeously done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.