12.11.2014

White Elephant Party

We held our 2nd Annual Family Christmas Party this past weekend. It was a blast! It featured, games, prizes, singing of carols, White Elephant Gift Exchange, Desserts, and Appetizers. Since it's a family party, I tried to find games that we could all play from the youngest (well, not quite, Storm couldn't play) to the oldest.

I had read a blog post about a Candy Cane Scavenger Hunt game that a mom used to teach math concepts to her kids. I adapted it for game night, hiding candy canes all over the house. Obviously the person who found the most was the winner - it was Thunder! He found 32 candy canes. We also played Christmas Bingo. I also adapted a baby shower game by handing out jingle bell necklaces to everyone. If anyone was caught saying "Christmas, Thank you, or gift" they lost their necklace. The winner had the most necklaces at the end of the night - congrats Matt!

The food was delicious, the carol singing was enthusiastic, the gifts were creative, funny, and yes, even useful. I've already started searching Pinterest for games to use next year!

Me, Katie, Sunny, Thunder

Dan and I with the grands

Gabe, Sunny, Katie, Thunder

I love these kiddos!

Me and my girls

The winner of the Candy Cane Hunt!!

Matt and Storm

Matt and Shelby with Sunny

Matt brought the best white elephant gift.
It was a can of Pringles and a gold fish - fish and chips!
Sunny and Thunder were ecstatic that they now own a fish.



4 comments:

  1. How very fun Vicki. Such a beautiful family, really.
    And how clever of Matt! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That candy must have been just at his eye level!
    Beautiful pics. Love how everyone is dressed up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun! I LOVE the "fish and chips" gift. I hope I remember that for our next white elephant party

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pic of thunder with candy canes sprouting out of every pocket!!! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.