3.27.2014

Stitching Update

I am so fortunate to have a daughter, Jessica, and a DIL, Janel who love to cross stitch as much as I do. In addition to the pleasure of seeing this craft embraced by a younger generation, I have the luxury of sharing patterns with them. We try to go through each others' stash when we get the opportunity, but it's hard when two of us are in Arizona and one of us is in Kansas!

I think we've come up with a solution. We created a secret board on Pinterest and are putting the patterns, magazines, and kits that we own on it. We put our name on the stash that belongs to us. We've even added some additional info such as not yet stitched, stitched for (name), available, etc.

So far the only down side to this plan is that I am forced to confront just how many patterns I own! It's quite fun to see what the other girls have in their stash and we've even left a comment stating we want to stitch a pattern in the future on some of the pins.

I have been stitching away on a baby sampler for one of Katie's friends. Her due date is April 4th, plenty of time, right?! However, she had the baby last Friday. Now I'm stitching frantically on the baby sampler!

I have a finish to share. I completed the stitching on this a few weeks ago, but I finally got around to framing it yesterday. Can I just say here that I love Hobby Lobby? I take my stitched pieces into them and they help me choose the matting and then cut it for me while I wait. The guys at my Hobby Lobby are so helpful and patient when I'm trying to choose just the right shade of color to compliment my piece.

Katie was happy with how this turned out, so I'm happy too! The photo doesn't do the fabric justice. She wanted a grey fabric, and this is a beautiful grey tone from Picture This Plus. The matte is not as red as it looks in this photo, it's a darker shade. Oh well...

Always Kiss Me Goodnight
Morning Glory Needleworks
16 ct. "Echo" - Picture This Plus

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Good for you three also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty finish! How fun for you and your daughters to share cross stitching together - even across the miles : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish! Very clever idea on the secret pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red and gray color scheme!! Looks beautiful!! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious and beautiful sentiment.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the secret pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.