2.14.2014

Happy Valentine's Day!


Dan and I have obviously been together long enough that we are morphing into the same person. This is most evident at Valentine's Day (and when we both say the exact same thing in the exact same inflection at the exact same time, but that's another story for another day). We first discovered this sameness on February 14, 2012 when we gave each other a card that was Mickey Mouse inspired. Normally this wouldn't seem like such a phenomenon, but we never give each other cartoon cards, so it struck us as funny. Plus we recognized it was due to the influence of having grandkids.

This morning when we exchanged cards, he opened his first and chuckled. I read mine with disbelief. We had both written a sentiment about our engagement which took place 33 years ago today. His card read "I ask you again, will you be mine forever?" My card read " I said 'yes' to you 33 years ago and I'm still saying 'yes' today!" We both just laughed and then we commented that we have truly been together a long time!

The third card in the photo is the Valentine Thunder presented us with when he arrived this morning.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, that's pretty cool. You two belong together! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great Vicki! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.