9.19.2013

95.1

The local television stations were all abuzz yesterday with the news that we just completed OUR. HOTTEST. SUMMER. EVER! Which is kind of strange because it did not feel like the hottest summer to me. But they have the statistics to back them up and numbers don't lie.

The average temperature this summer was 95.1 F. This is not the average high temp of the summer. This is the average of the day and night temps put together. Now that I do believe. The nights here just keep getting warmer.

The good news is that yesterday was the date the latest 110 F. temp was recorded in 2010. We're pretty warm right now (106-109 F) the past few days, but not HOT like 110 F. You may wonder what's the difference between 109 F and 110 F; believe me, there IS a difference!

Fall officially starts on Sunday and our temps are supposed to drop into the double digits next week. The over night temps will be in the 70s. I am thrilled! Overnights in the 70s means we can open up the house and turn the AC off.

Hopefully the rest of September through Christmas will be in the 90s, 80s, and 70s. I'm not holding my breath though. The latest 100 F degree temp was recorded on October 23, 2003...

3 comments:

  1. Oh yikes Vicki! I don't know how you can stand it outside!! No thanks for THAT hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ew! lol! Good thing there's ac!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a little to warm for me. I love the weather we are having right now 60-70 degrees in the day time and 40-50's in the over night.
    Happy Stitching
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.