Time to choose another verse to memorize. This time I chose a verse that all women (and men) can relate to. It has to do with receiving rest. Who among us gets enough rest? I'm not just talking about sleep. I rarely (never) take time to just sit down in the quiet and rest for a few moments. I truly believe that the times that I'm restless and don't know what I want are the times that my body/mind is crying out for some rest. I need to heed that cry more often!
Of course, true rest comes from giving our cares, concerns, worries, fears, and burdens to the Lord. When we give them to him "hands down", He reciprocates by giving us rest.
Matthew 11:28 NIV
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Have a great weekend!
Excellent verse for memorizing. Have a restful weekend Vicki.
ReplyDelete