12.17.2012

Sorrow

I have started to write this post several times, only to realize I don't know what to say and give up. It's difficult to shake the sorrow of this past Friday. The shock fades, but the sorrow lingers. It's difficult to avoid wondering about the details. I have to try or I become slightly "obsessed". The thought of all those little First Graders is horrifying. The bravery of those women is, well, words fail me.

I can't begin to describe the depth of sorrow I feel. Not only for the victims' families, the survivors and their families, the town of Newtown, but for the shooter's family also. So much tragedy. So much sorrow.

There will come a day for recriminations, for social policy discussions, for hand-wringing over the state of mental health care in our country. Today is not that day. Tomorrow is not that day.

The only way I know to deal with the tragedies of life is through my faith in Christ. I do not understand why evil things happen to innocents. I can only pray for the victims. And renew my belief that God is in control. He is always with us. He was in the Sandy Hook school on Friday. He will be with the families and community in the days, months, years to come.

Please continue to pray for this community. Don't forget about them and the horrors they have endured.

"We are experiencing trouble on every side, but are not crushed; we are perplexed, but not driven to despair; we are persecuted, but not abandoned; we are knocked down, but not destroyed.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9 NET

5 comments:

  1. Beautifully written....and a true testament to God in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I wasn't affected personally, I feel as if I was...as if we ALL have been. I just don't have the words....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Vicki. My heart continues to be heavy. So very, terribly sad. We are continuing to pray.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.