11.09.2012

A Rockin' Good Time at Grammy's House

Have I mentioned that I don't watch my grandkids regularly any more? Katie got a job as Director at a KinderCare so the kids go with her every day now. I can have them whenever I want them, and I'm on stand-by for if they get sick, but it's not the same. Don't get me wrong, Katie said I can have them one day a week if I want to. I want to, but I need to wait until Dan gets used to the new appraisal opportunity he is working now.

Anyway. I say all of that to say this: the kids were over yesterday morning for a couple of hours. It was so great to see them and we had a terrific time. We played puzzles. We read stories. We sang songs. We watched the "angel video" (it's really a Jacquie Lawson Christmas e-card) and sang the songs on it. We had snack. We watched "Sesame Street" and "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse". We played cars. We bounced balls. They oohed and aahed over the Christmas Tree I have up in the spare room.

And they rocked in the rocking chairs.

The rocking chairs are a huge hit at my house. Thunder especially loves to rock. He moves from the big chair to the little chair to the upholstered rocking chair to the other little chair to the... well you get the picture.

Rocking and singing "Away in a Manger"

The Rocking King

Big Sister

Sunny, Grammy, Thunder - what a fun morning!

1 comment:

  1. Grammy's love!! Nothing like it,huh? Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.