Sometimes we forget that as we age we can still have "firsts". We may decide to take up a new hobby or sport. We may travel to new places. We might learn new skills. We most definitely in this day and age will learn new technologies. Seldom do we stop to acknowledge these "firsts".
I did something for the first time in my life the other day. I ate a container of yogurt.
When the kids were little they ate yogurt frequently. I tasted it once in a while, but had no desire to eat it. Now that I'm watching my diet for so many reasons, I decided to give yogurt a second chance. It's tricky. I have an aversion to certain textures in my mouth, so I had to find a smooth yogurt. My choice was Yoplait Light Raspberry Cheesecake. It was smooth. It tasted very sweet, too sweet for me. The texture was thicker than I anticipated. But I ate the entire container.
Yippee for me! The next time I shopped, I bought another Yoplait Light. This time I'm going to try Very Vanilla. I hope it will be less sweet. I also bought some frozen yogurt because someone told me it's a good way to learn to eat yogurt. I'll just have to measure my serving to be sure it's 15 grams of carbs or less.
See... you can teach an old lady new tricks!
I, too, am picky about textures. Yoplait is my family's favorite yogurt and my girls will not eat any that has "chunks" in it. Has to be fruit free for them. We experimented a few times, and their favorite ended up being Key Lime Pie. My hubby's likes Orange Creme and my favorite is the blueberry and I add a few frozen blueberries to it. Yum! Also, we will sometimes sprinkle a little granola in to hide the texture. It will grow on you... hang in there!
ReplyDeleteWell, good for you Vicki taking care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteOh I love yogurt! Yoplait is one of my favorites, nice and smooth and yummy!
ReplyDeleteLike you, I've always had an adversion to yogurt. And! Most recently tried the Yoplait, too. How funny is that? My issue with it was the yogurt-y smell... couldn't stand it. I've since tried other flavors of Yoplait and even the Walmart brand is pretty good... not as thick as Yoplait.
ReplyDelete