10.25.2012

Arizona State Fair

Yesterday we took Sunny to the Arizona State Fair. As near as Dan and I can remember, we haven't been to the fair since 1998 or so. It was fun to see it through the eyes of a three-year-old, but other than that I don't care if we don't go for another 10+ years. It is much smaller than we remember. There are many less exhibits. We were very disappointed in the agriculture area. The costs (except for admission) are astronomical. OK, enough complaining...

We didn't know what to expect from Sunny. She can be timid in some situations. But, she had a great time! She rode two rides, enjoyed the petting area, the Native American dancers, the huge ice cream cone, and watching all of the rides. She got to pet sheep, goats, piggies, a llama, and a tiny kangaroo/wallaby (I'm not sure which). She saw tiny baby chicks and hear a turkey gobble. The cattle/horses were no longer there (or haven't got there yet), same with the swine. We couldn't find the pig races.

Dan and I decided if we take the grandkids again we'll have to have a lot more money than we took. Especially if they want to ride the rides!

Riding the teacups 

Mission accomplished!

Petting a goat



Riding the carousel

1 comment:

  1. Aww, your granddaughter is so adorable! I bet she had fun, even if the grownups are fine with not going again. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.