8.10.2012

Happy Birthday... to Me!

Today is my 56th birthday! I love birthdays. I enjoy celebrating the fact that I've made it through another year (relatively unscathed!). Usually my birthday celebrations consist of dinners out with the kids or my folks or Dan. But this year I wanted to celebrate in a different way. So I'm throwing myself a birthday party.

Tomorrow I will be joining 11 of my closest friends and family for a girls only birthday luncheon. We're going to The Spicery in downtown Glendale. It is located in an 1895 house, and is filled with lace, flowers, antiques, and vintage decor. I'm so excited! I will be sure to post photos tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to a birthday breakfast this morning. A birthday lunch with Jessica and Adam. A birthday dinner tonight. And a day filled with x-stitching! For me, it's the perfect way to ease into my 57th year...

The birthday girl with Duke

3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great birthday, Vicki! You are just one year behind me--hard to believe we are approaching 60, isn't it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, Vicky! Yeah, to August Birthdays! Did somebody say we are approaching 60? Not so fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.