8.08.2012

Week 32 - Stitching Update

It's been so long since I wrote a stitching update that I had to go back and count the weeks. In doing that I discovered that I had gotten off a week somewhere along the line. So I marked my calendar so that I know what week is what in case I don't update again for a long stretch!

I have been stitching every day. It's just that my progress seemed so slow it wasn't worth photographing. I have also made a few purchases, but they've been filed and it's not worth the effort to sort through my stash to pull them out for a photo. Plus I just have to stop buying patterns. I am swamped with patterns I want to make. Even if I live long enough to stitch them all, I'm not sure my eyesight will hold out!

With that in mind, I've already been thinking about the patterns I'm going to choose for the Crazy January Challenge for 2013. I'm picking out all small patterns. I already know I'm not going to finish the challenge pieces I chose for 2012. This will be the 2nd year in a row that I will not complete my challenges. It can be discouraging. So, I'm going with small stuff just to repair my self-esteem.

I had to take a break on Katie's stocking to work on a birth sampler for one of her friends. It is a quick stitch. I think putting the stocking aside will give me my second wind to finish it when I pick it up again.

Of course, let's not even talk about the fact that I have four stockings to go for this year. Yeah, I know. It's not going to happen. But I'm going to be in denial until at least November 1st...


Almost finished!

1 comment:

  1. The stocking is gorgeous Vickie, utterly so!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.