For those of you who don't know, TUSAL stands for Totally Useless Stitch-a-long. Daffycat is the hostess of this fun, participatory activity. You can join in by signing up at http://itsdaffycat.blogspot.com/2011/11/totally-useless-stitch-long.html.
She does a much better job than I do of explaining what it is.
The Afghan Project:
I am so fortunate in that my daughter, Jessica, and my DIL, Janel both cross-stitch. We have so much fun going to X-stitch shops when we're all together and talking about our projects. Last year we came up with the idea for The Afghan Project. We each purchased an afghan and came up with a theme for them. In March when we were all together, we created designs for our afghans and loosely charted them. We drew names to determine whose afghan we would start stitching. I drew Jessica's name. Janel drew my name. Jessica drew Janel's name. I finally started on Jessica's this week and am pleased to have one square completed. Our plan is to stitch on the afghan in our possession until we meet up again and then switch. We will all stitch on each afghan and at the end, we will keep the one we designed. We are signing and dating each square as we stitch it. Janel picked out most of the patterns for her design "The Twelve Days of Christmas". My design is "Months of the Year". I chose L*K designs for the months, but each month will be accompanied by one or two designs that support that month's theme. I did not choose those and can't wait to see what the girls come up with. Jessica's theme is "A Few of My Favorite Things". She gave us a list of her favorite things and we get to choose the pattern we will stitch for each word. She's also going to include a favorite quote, favorite Bible verse and the title of her afghan. I can't wait to see the finished products and will post photos of my progress on each afghan as we stitch along.
I'm still working on Katie's stocking. Below is this month's progress.
See what arrived in the mail this week! There are several projects I'd like to stitch in this year's calendar.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.