4.28.2013

Stitching Update - Week 17

For the past three weeks I've been primarily working on our afghan project. If you've been reading me for awhile you know that my daughter, Jessica, my DIL, Janel, and I are stitching afghans. We each chose a theme for our afghan and are stitching them in a rotation. We each stitch three squares on the one we're working on and then we rotate them to the next stitcher. It's so fun and I just love seeing the squares that the girls stitch on mine. We have completed one year of this rotation and will be switching in May to start our 2nd rotation. We've each been stitching on our own this time around.

For some reason, I got way enthusiastic and stitched more than 3 squares on mine. It is so colorful! And it's fun to see the squares filling up. The theme of my afghan is the months of the year. Some of the months have two extra squares and some of them have one extra square. I tried to find patterns that would compliment each month. Jessica and Janel pick the extras that they're going to stitch and it's always an awesome surprise when I see what they've chosen. Here's photos of my squares:

The April month square - L*K pattern

April extra from an old xstitch magazine

April extra - freebie found on Internet

February month square - I need to find one extra to stitch for this grouping

October month square - one of the girls will stitch two extras for this grouping

Summer Basket - extra for the August group

Extra for August group - freebie from Internet









3 comments:

  1. Such a great project. Wonderful stitching Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a fun piece! Love what you are putting on it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea!! I love the afghan so far and what a joy to have your daughter and daughter-in-law to stitch with :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.