2.01.2022

February!

 

Well, it's February. I don't know where the month of January went but I can tell you it was not a productive month for me. I seem to be in a slump. I'm not sick, I'm not depressed, I'm not sad, I'm just blah. 

But now it's time to shake off the blahs and jump back into life with enthusiasm! haha

I do think the drawn out process of building a house is starting to wear on me. It's been 10 months since we signed our contract and no work has been done since November 1st when the plumbing was put in. There's still a hold up on certain supplies, but the biggest hold up right now is the lack of workers. Plus, the growth in our area is phenomenal. We have so many people moving here from California, Washington, Oregon... it's just crazy. The outlying desert areas around us are being turned over for new housing in all directions. The number of industries relocating here is explosive. Amazon, Microsoft, at least three semi-conductor campuses are all going up in the West Valley. It's great for our economy! But the housing market is scrambling to catch up.

Another thing that's wearing me down is my parents' situation. My mom has cognitive decline, my dad has worsening health issues. They need a lifestyle change that will keep them safe, secure, and cared for. They refuse to move out of their home and mom is adamant that she doesn't want a stranger coming into their home. I get it. But something has to give. I keep trying to gently move them towards making the decision themselves before something happens that takes the decision out of their hands completely. To no avail. 

The reality is that both of these issues will get resolved. And it will be easier for me to deal with them if I shake off the blahs. So that's what I'll be doing in February. Hopefully there'll be SOME sort of progress on our new house. And hopefully we'll figure out a good solution for my folks. In the meantime, I plan to get out my stitching and work on the two stockings I need to make this year. Continue downsizing my stuff in anticipation of a move. And look forward to warmer weather!


3 comments:

  1. I think with those two major concerns on your mind you are probably feeling a bit paralyzed, Vicki, which leads to that blah feeling. I was very lucky because my mom took charge when she could see dad's dementia setting in and she moved them both into a senior living community. They were still independent, but had meals, cleaning, etc. done for them. She cared for dad for about a year and then had to move him to a memory care facility because he began wandering and no longer knew anyone. It was so sad, but much easier with them having sold their big house and condo in FL. I hope and pray you can find a solution. I think people are just fleeing the west coast states--look at my son and DIL and grandson who moved all the way from San Diego to Maryland. It's becoming so common. But, I'm sure that makes the housing situation difficult and I'm glad you already have a contract signed and at least some progress on your new home. As my mom always used to say, "This, too, shall pass" but it's hard not to worry I know... Take care now and I hope your stocking stitching helps in February ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Vicki I am praying for your parents. I am for this burden and stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been on my mind.I'm so sorry. This stage in life, seeing your dear parents health decline is so hard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.