1.06.2022

One Word

 For some reason the past few months have been odd. I have been busy with out-of-the-ordinary stuff. That throws me off kilter. I'm much better at order and stability than I am at spontaneous and unexpected.

So, it's time to pick a word for 2022. In choosing this year's word, I looked back to see what I've chosen in the past: Steadfast, Resolute, People, Hope, Content, Time, Home, Bold, Freedom, Confident. 

Since I seem to be in a season of instability, my word for this year is Serene. I need to focus on taking care of myself in order to take care of some of the issues facing me. Specifically finding a good living solution for my parents. I need to be calm. I need to rest in the serenity of faith. I need to take very deep breaths. And I need to remind myself of my Source of confidence for the future.

Now, if you know me, you're probably laughing because I am a world-class worrier. So this will indeed be a challenge! I think I can...

se·rene
adjective
calm, peaceful, and untroubled; tranquil.

3 comments:

  1. I am still praying Vicki. I tend to worry too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another worrier here, Vicki! I try, but... Your word is perfect--good luck! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oftentimes I can't help but remember what my dad used to say, "It doesn't help to worry." Apparently most things we worry will happen, don't happen. But still, I do. A verse I memorized many years ago... "Don't worry about anything, tell God your needs and don't forget to thank Him for His answers." Phil 4:6 It continues on with what we are looking for "and the peace of God that passes all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." That's serenity. Love that word.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.