Wow, I really disappeared, didn't I? There have been many distractions this year. My brother and I are trying to find a safe, dignified living situation for our parents. Mom has cognitive issues and Dad's health is poor. I just couldn't really work up the enthusiasm to post. I even started my annual Christmas letter, read it, and then decided to not send one this year. Very unusual for me!
Anyway, here we are, a new year! I have to say that when I watch the news, I am so thankful for where I live. Our lives are not really impacted by the covid restrictions. I do know several people who have contracted the Omicron varient, but they haven't been sick. Hopefully 2022 will be the year the virus drops off of the everyday radar. (Probably will be. I'm cynical, but it's an election year and I don't think the politicians will want to have covid as a priority issue).
2022 should be an exciting year for us. We signed a contract to build a new home in late March 2021. As of November 1, we have plumbing, but no progress since then. Fingers crossed we'll be in our home by late Spring.
Our family was all together for Family Christmas this year and we took the opportunity to take pictures.
It is nice to hear from you, Vicky. I understand the "trying to find the right living accomodations for a parent or parents." It is not easy. I wish you all the best with all of the moves and changes this year. You have a beautiful family and I'm happy you could be together for Christmas.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful family. Exciting to be moving into your new home. Happy new year to you and your family.
ReplyDelete