Do you ever sit down to blog and realize "I haven't read a post by ... in a while"? I did that today. Three of my favorite bloggers came to mind and I looked at my blog roll to see when they last posted. One was in December 2020 and the other two last posted nine monts ago!
So first off, shame on me for not noticing sooner. And second, none of them have attached email addresses so I can check on them. I hope they're ok.
Bloggers drop off on a regular basis. I have to admit there are less than 10 bloggers between my two blogs that I actually contact outside of Blogger. And that's generally only to exchange Christmas cards.
Blogging relationships are so special. They can feel so deep when you connect with someone in your same stage of life, or someone who enjoys the same hobby (cross-stitch) or someone with the same obsession (ALL THINGS CHRISTMAS!!!) or especially someone who shares your faith journey.
These relationships enrich my life. But... they're online. That means they can drop from my life in an instant. Real life relationships fade, but that's just it. They fade. They don't generally end in the blink of an eye, or in my examples, in the blink of several months.
So to the bloggers I'm missing I want to say, I enjoyed reading your posts. I enjoyed getting to know you in even a small way. I miss you.
And to those of you still posting, I love reading your posts. I look forward each (well, it used to be each, now it's a couple times a week) morning to see what you've been doing, to be inspired by you, to feel the warmth of our blog relationship. I love getting to know you. I hope we stay connected.
I feel the same way, Vicki... it always makes me sad when a blogger just drops off the face of the earth! I always said that when I quit blogging, I'll be sure to say "goodbye" and I hope more bloggers do the same. In the meantime... I, too, enjoy blogging friendships even though I've never met any of my fellow bloggers :) Happy August to you!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great post! I still think about a blogger who said she was going on a cruise and she never posted again. I've always wondered what happened, never getting a response through the comments. So, yes, it is quite thought provoking how quickly these online friendships can disappear into thin air. Saying goodbye sounds final but it is still good for some kind of closure.
ReplyDelete