1.06.2020

A Stitchin' Post

My granddaughter, Skye, likes Sugar Skulls.

Last year her birthday theme was Sugar Skulls...

Zach (my son, her dad) made the cake


Jessica (my daughter, her Tia) made the "Pin the Flower on the Sugar Skull"

Her 2019 Hallmark Christmas ornament was a Sugar Skull...

Image result for Hallmark Sugar Skull ornament

Now you'll understand why my first stitching start for 2020 is a Sugar Skull!



My goal is to complete it in time for her birthday in March. It looks complicated, but it's actually a very easy stitch so far.

In my quest to blog more often this year, I will be updating my stitching progress each Monday. We'll see if I actually stick to that schedule or not...

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing your Monday stitching posts, Vicki! Love the project for Skye... And did you know DMC has some freebie sugar skull patterns here: https://www.dmc.com/us/mexican-day-of-the-dead--pattern-9003893.html#null My oldest son loves them, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting thing for her to be attracted to! I am sure you can finish in time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project to be stitching for your granddaughter! It will be fun to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.