8.28.2019

Christmas Music

22 Of Today’s Freshest Pics And Memes

Yes, I admit it. I am a Christmas fanatic. You already know this if you've read my blog for any length of time. I try to limit it for this blog by unleashing most of my obsession on my Christmas blog.

I'm thrilled that Hobby Lobby, At Home, Sam's Club and a few other stores have started seriously stocking Christmas merchandise. It both amuses me and irritates me when walking through a store and hearing "O my gosh, Christmas stuff? It's still 110 out (or not Labor Day or... you get the picture), You may even be a person who feels that way. I respect that. I'm not going to try to convert you to Christmas Craziness 365. All I ask is that you not look down on me, hahaha!

I have a Stress-free Christmas system that I've been perfecting for (gulp) 24 years. I tweak it when necessary due to family growth, age of grandkids, change in interests of family members; but it's basically the same foundation each year. I am finished with Christmas prep by Thanksgiving each year and occasionally by Halloween. I love having a stress-free December. Especially now that I have seven grands who are participating in various Christmas activities.

Which leads me to today. I have an ambitious plan for Family Christmas this year. My son and his family from Kansas will be with us this year so my little family of 16 will be all together. Plus I'm planning a family game night which will included our extended family for a total of 26.

This does not just happen. It takes planning.

Even though I have a budget for Christmas gifts, with that many people the number of presents under the tree has exploded. My daughter Katie showed me an idea a few years ago that I'm attempting for this year.  I think I can make it work. I hope.

Christmas Gift Box Ideas - The grandkids loved their snowmen for christmas this year. Range in age from ...

I'm making snowmen. The bottom box will hold the gifts. The middle box will hold the stocking stuffers. the head will hold the ornament. I'm collecting twigs/sticks to attach to the front of each snowman which will hold their stocking. (that's why the stocking suffers will go in a box, the sticks will not be able to hold the weight). The snowmen will be different sizes and shapes. For the people who desire cash or gift cards, I found a tip for using tie boxes and making flat snowmen out of them. This will take up much less room than a mountain of gifts under and around the tree.

I'm very excited and motivated!

I have one box completed for one grandchild... only 47 boxes to go!

That's why I'm listening to Christmas music today. I'm working on my project and enjoy the inspiration of the music.

And don't even get me started on what I have planned for the Family Game Night... that's for another post!

6 comments:

  1. I burst out laughing when I read ...only 47 boxes to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to add another comment because I don't want anyone to think that I'm laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you at the sheer amount of boxes (because I'm sure you must have a chuckle now and then and think "What have I taken on?"). I think it's an awesome idea and your tree is going to look amazing with all of the snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be a wonderful Christmas at your home! Be sure to show us pictures of the boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! That first photo! What a great idea about the snowmen boxes! Good thing you start early!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why am I not surprised that you are all organized for Christmas and have your Christmas shopping all planned? Great snowman idea! Have fun with that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.