10.01.2017

Storm

Prayers appreciated for Storm. He got sick a week ago Thursday and after being sick off and on for 2 days went to the Dr. last Saturday. She immediately sent them to the ER at Phx Children's Hosp. It turns out that he was suffering from Intussusception caused by a Meckel's Diverticulum (feel free to look up on Google, too much to to explain) and had a very small portion of his bowel removed and since they were in the neighborhood they did an appendectomy too.

He is still in the hospital, this is Day Ten. We did not expect this long of a stay. If you're inclined to pray, I appreciate prayers for him to recover fully and swiftly. This is really rough on a three-year-old... and his parents!

Snow is staying with us while Storm is hospitalized. Fortunately, her routine includes going to school every day which we are sticking to. She has done quite well with us, but I know she's wondering what happened to her family, her room, and her toys.


Our thanks to Phoenix Children's Hospital and the caregivers we've encountered. It is an awesome place. We will be forever appreciative!

5 comments:

  1. Many prayers being said. And lots of hugs being sent. May Storm have a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vicki, I am praying for your dear grandchild. Hang in there everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vicki, the poor little boy. I hope he is on the mend now and will be home soon. Sending very strong positive thoughts his way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With having kids here, I'm behind in reading and just read this now. I am glad to see that he could get treatment and is on the mend, but this is so hard on the little ones and on the parents. Glad you could help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear he has recovered.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.