As a little girl I was in love with the Little House on the Prairie books as were most little girls my age. When I had daughters I fell in love all over again sharing the books with them. As an adult I was thrilled when I came across a blog written by Laura Ingalls Gunn - a direct descendant of Laura Ingalls Wilder. If you haven't read her blog, check it out. She just finished posting in celebration of LIW 150th birthday.
And today I'm preparing to fall in love all over again with the Little House books as Sunny is ready to read them.
What's all this got to do with Sam's Club? I own a paperback set of the Little House books but I've always wanted the hardback set. I have a couple of them, but they're hard to find and very expensive when I do find them. Which is why I squealed with joy when I discovered the treasure in the book section at Sam's Club.
The photo does not do justice to the beauty of these books. Each book has a foreword written by a "famous" woman. Laura Bush, Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman), and Patricia MacLaughlan (Sarah, Plain and Tall) each wrote a foreword for one of these books. The covers are exquisite, the paper used is unique, the price is affordable. I'm assuming that the books will be released a few at a time over the next months. If you're a Little House fan, get over to Sam's Club and start your collection!

I can't wait to add these to my collection!
ReplyDeleteOh they look just beautiful! I am so happy for you! :D
ReplyDeleteWhat a treasure! Do they include the Garth Williams illustrations?
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely find, Vicki!! You'll have many hours of delightful reading time with Sunny!
ReplyDeleteLittle House on the Prairie were the first story books I read in English and they do have a special place in my life and memory. I should look at getting some copies to read with my granddaughters.
ReplyDelete