1.07.2017

A Stitching Post

Week one: OK, I'm really going to try to be more deliberate about posting my stitching progress this year. "Try" being the operative word!

When I first started stitching decades ago I stitched one project at a time. When I returned to stitching after a ten year hiatus to raise four kids I was so enthusiastic that I stitched two projects at a time.

Then I discovered other stitchers on blogs. Oh my. I became intrigued with the multiple project methods I read about.

I tried the Crazy January Challenge a couple of times. But it didn't really work for me.

I'm interested in the idea of a stitching rotation. I've read several blogs of stitchers that employ this method. I think I'm finally ready to try this out for myself.

So, on January 1st I picked up a WIP from my pile and started stitching. This is Easter Egg Patchwork designed by Ursula Michael. It's from an issue of Cross-Stitch & Needlework magazine, but I have no idea which issue. I'm stitching it on Crystal Moonglow from Picture This Plus with the recommended threads.


I stitched this pattern before for myself. But then my daughter Katie liked it so much I gave it to her. Jessica also liked it, so this one will go to her. Maybe I'll stitch it a third time for myself someday!

Tomorrow on January 8th I'm going to set this aside and work on another piece. I have so many large projects to stitch this year that I'm hoping this method will keep me from getting bored with them.

That happens to everyone, right? No matter how much I enjoy a pattern, at some point I just can't wait to finish it and move on to something else!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very good plan Vicki. Now to just stick to it. ;) That is a cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy seeing your stitching, Vicki!! Always so pretty. I am a one-at-a-time stitcher with a larger project going in the background. I don't know how people juggle so many projects at once ;)

    Hope your January is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Yes, I do think everyone gets bored with a project. I'm a one-at-a-timer for sure. Monogamous all the way. When I get bored and want to be finished with it, I plow through. Audiobooks or podcasts really help me to focus and keep going. I'll be interested to see how rotation works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a rotation and it works fine for me although I don't always stick to it. I couldn't work on just one piece because most of my projects are really big. Si when changing it every week I never get bored.
    I hope that you find a rotation that works for you. A great first Project for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just caught up on your last few posts. Hope is an excellent word for the year. We really need it!
    I work a goal-based rotation for some of my projects. I stitch until I complete a section and then move on to the next project. I also choose a list of those to focus on in the year so each one gets enough time.
    Hope your's works for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.