12.22.2016

Family Christmas

We held our family Christmas celebration last Saturday. It is tradition for us to have it the weekend before Christmas, freeing up Christmas Eve and Christmas Day for celebrations with in-laws or for each family's own traditions.

The only problem with having it early is that I'm a "planner". I derive most of my pleasure from planning and anticipating events. I enjoy the actual event, but most of my joy comes in the preparation. Once an event is over, I'm done and ready to move on to the next thing. When the grandkids were younger, this was easy. I just took down my Christmas decor as soon as family Christmas was over. Now, they're older and they know that "real" Christmas is yet to come after family Christmas. So I leave all of my decor up. At least until Christmas Day.

We had a great time at family Christmas. Sunny read the Birth of Christ to us from a children's Bible. We sang Christmas songs and carols led by the three oldest grandkids. We had plenty of food, fun, and family memory making.

Zach and Skye

Dan and I

Vasquez Family

Sunny reading the Christmas Story


I love the chaos of Christmas!

The greats (my folks) with the grands!


Snow got a hippopotamus for Christmas!

Storm listening to the Christmas Story

3 comments:

  1. I love that Sunny read the Birth of Christ for all. Beautiful. Snow got a hippopotamus! HOORAY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! I'm glad you had a great family Christmas together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas my Friend! Looks like a great time, I love the big mess with the grands all opening gifts. What a wonderful time of chaos. Our Christmas was different but good. Not sure if I will get a chance to talk to you until after Jan 5th. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.