I'm extremely organized and I declutter my house on a very regular basis. But right now I feel as if the walls are closing in on me and every inch of my home is occupied by something. It is driving me nuts.
So, I decided to declutter. I started with cookbooks. I have a cookbook collection that I love, but I rarely try new recipes from any of the books. The biggest culprit is the Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks. The bright colors, drawings of comfort foods, and fun titles draw me in and I have purchased waaaay too many of them over the years. I'm working my way through each book, pulling out the recipes I think I want to try and putting the rest of the book in the Goodwill box.
I also have cookbooks from Costco and Sam's Club that I have never used. They are next on my list.
At the same time I'm tackling my Christmas books. I have a very large collection of Christmas books and buy more each year. I have a few favorite authors, and I'm definitely keeping those. But I also have some that I only read once and never picked up again. I'm reading them now and if they're not exactly my style, or don't hold my interest, I'm putting them into the Goodwill box.
(oh my gosh, how funny! as I wrote this last sentence an email popped up telling me of a Goodwill grand opening near me!)
I know these are small steps, but I'm hoping that I feel so great after this that I tackle my craft items.
Stay tuned...

haha! Great post Vicki. I need to do a bit. I did some with my clothes. I weeded in the garden. I hate that you can't really tell afterwards!!!
ReplyDeleteOh we should all be clearing out this and that...
ReplyDeleteOh that quote cracks me up! lolol! I have a feeling that's what would happen to me if I tried that method of decluttering. Hope your decluttering goes well!
ReplyDelete