3.02.2016

A Stitching Post

Yes, I've been stitching this year. I have an ambitious to-do list for 2016. It's mostly large projects: Christmas stockings, baby samplers, and of course, my ever present WIPs.

This is my second finish for the year. Several months back my friend Barb in Washington state sent me a huge box of kits. For free! Her only request was that I stitch a kit titled "Whidby Island" for her. Of course I was honored that she would ask me to stitch for her and got started on it early in January.

I am notorious for under estimating how long it will take me to stitch a project. This was no exception. I thought it would take me 30 days, but it took me 42 days.


She is going to have it professionally framed so I didn't complete it in any way. Just sent it off in the mail. I hope she likes it. I think it's a very pretty design. The flags at the top and bottom of the border spell "Whidby Island". The flags on the sides spell "Washington".

The first project I finished this year was a Christmas stocking for my nephew, Matt. I need to assemble it and then will take a photo to share. I'm currently working on a stocking for his wife, Shelby. Stockings generally take quite a while. I gravitate to designs with lots of detail. 

So there you have it! My first stitching post of 2016. Hopefully the first of many...

7 comments:

  1. My husband works for the Navy and he frequents Whidby Island ;) What a darling design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will love it...beautifully stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat thing you two did. It looks wonderful Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finish looks great, Vicki, and I'm sure Barb will be very pleased :) I'll bet stitching all of those colorful flags was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish! She's going to love it. How generous of her to send you all those kits! Stockings are fun -- hope they are fun to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely design this is. And when looking at all the little details like the flags I can easily imagine that you spent some long hours on it before it was finished.
    Like you I always feel drawn towards large and detailed designs as well. But I don't mind how long they take to be finished, they are not meant to be gifts so it's the way that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the flags and that they spell out a message! I like codes and ciphers like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.