12.22.2015

Stitching Update

Hi. My name is Vicki and I am a cross stitcher. I mean it. I really am. Although you would not be able to tell from reading my blog this year!

I have been stitching steadily this year and as of today have finished 19 projects this year. What I have NOT done is post photos of my projects. I don't know why. I take the photos. I download them onto my computer. But it stops there. Somehow those photos never make their way onto my blog.

Today's post has two purposes. To show some of the photos that have been languishing on my computer and to lay out a plan to be a better stitcher/blogger in 2016.

First the photos. This year for Christmas we wanted to do something very different for our adult kids. We gave them cash. This is not going to be a new tradition, it's just something we wanted to do to break up the routine. I think they all enjoyed the cash.

Of course, I didn't just want to give them cash in an envelope, I wanted it to be more special than that. So I made them all boxes. I always buy cigar boxes, photo boxes, boxes of every shape and size when I come across them at estate sales or Goodwill. They make great displays for stitching.

This year I was fortunate enough to find three Hallmark photo boxes at an estate sale for $1 each. I gave those to the girls and gave cigar boxes to the guys.






I also made a baby sampler for one of Katie's friends. This is the third sampler I've made for her - she has three young daughters. I love this Sue Hillis design.


Now for the changes I'm going to try to make. I tried this before and didn't do well, but I'm dusting it off to try again. I hope to post stitching updates every Saturday. I have a lot of stitching projects to do in 2016 and hopefully I'll do a better job of sharing my progress with you.

We'll see...


3 comments:

  1. Love the gifts you gave Vicki. I am so happy to finally see your projects from this year. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea to put the cash in these boxes. I love how they came out! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your idea to give the cash in those boxes, and all of them decorated so nicely. I'll keep that idea in mind. Looking forward to seeing your work next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.