12.17.2015

It's That Time of Year

This is the time of year when I evaluate 2015 and start planning for 2016. I look back over the year and decide what worked and what didn't. I give myself permission to toss out what didn't work and I come up with a new plan for a new year.

One of the areas that I failed miserably in 2015 is this blog and my Christmas blog. I rarely posted. I've mused in previous posts about why that is, but the truth is I don't have a good reason or any kind of an excuse.

It's not that I'm tired of blogging, I still really love it. It's not that I don't have anything to say, I have an opinion on everything and am rarely at a loss for words. It's not that I don't have adorable grandchildren, cute pets, and a terrific family to post about, I do.

It's that... never mind, I have no clue.

So, I'm slowly starting to think of ways to improve for 2016. I have come up with one solution. I try to post a verse every day, but this year I doubt if it was even once a week. The only thing that saved that feature of the blog was that this was an SSMT memory year with Beth Moore, so I at least posted my memory verses every two weeks. But 2016 is an off year, so I won't even have that to keep me in line.

So the first Sunday in January I will introduce a verse for the week. That way I'm committing to 52 verses instead of 365. No wait, 366 - it's leap year!

I'm excited about this new feature and hope you will enjoy it.

Between now and New Year's, I'll be sharing other ways that I plan to improve in 2016 and my One Word.

Thank you so much for reading my blog, I appreciate all of your comments and encouragement!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan Vicki. Are you still stitching? I would love to see your projects. There is a reason to post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to be posting less and less each year, Vicki... Unfortunately, I have no grandchildren (cute or otherwise!) to post about. I think your plan sounds good and I look forward to your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you are a busy Grammy - that's the reason you can give if anyone needs a reason. =) I have blogged less as well.
    We're all in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.