12.29.2015

2015... in the rear view mirror; 2016... straight ahead

It seems odd to me that for a year in which my one word was "time", I feel as though I can't account for much of my time. Hmmm...

It was a good year for us. Part of the reason for the swift passage of time this year is that my husband had the busiest year ever in appraisals. He literally worked seven days a week and 12+ hours for five days a week all year long. I am begging him to cut back in 2016. I know he has to work while the work is available, but this was too much. I missed him!

When he did manage to unchain himself from his desk we had lots of fun family activities. Three of the grandkids are old enough now to have adventures with. We are so looking forward to the expansion of our little family in 2016 with the arrival of Snow in February.

In 2015 I read my Chronological Bible again for my quiet time. Every so often, I put it aside for another Bible, but I always miss it and go back to it. This year I'm not going to stray and will read it again. I am adding something new, though. I bought a "Jesus Calling" flip calendar this past summer and have been reading it too. I was familiar with "Jesus Calling" because several friends use it as a devotion. I had no idea how great it is until I started reading it. I love it. I can't believe how right on the daily devotions are some mornings - just what I need!

I did a lot of stitching in 2015. I should finish my 20th project before the 31st. I managed to stitch several projects that were just for me and I'm hoping to be able to do that in 2016 too. I'm not very optimistic on that front though, because with new babies on the way, and other commitments, I already have nine large projects to stitch. Maybe my fingers will magically gain speed! Actually, I'm just praying that my eyes will hold out. I do hope to do a much better job about posting my stitching progress. I'm contemplating a rotation system similar to Lana's. I haven't worked out the details yet, but with so many large projects to do, I'm thinking this will help to keep me from getting bored. I will try to update my progress each weekend. I think I can, I think I can... we'll see.

I'm so excited for the new year! I'm ready for a fresh start and a new year of challenges and opportunities.

Thank you for continuing to read my blog, especially this past year when I rarely posted.  I always appreciate your kind comments and encouraging words.

Happy 2016!

 :

5 comments:

  1. I agree, Dan MUST cut back.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your DH is able to cut back on work next year. Enjoy those precious grandkids! Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray you have a blessed 2016!! Full of stitches, new babies and love!! I look forward to reading your blog and cheering you on with your stitching projects next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to read your review of the year, whish I can really relate to in terms of my hubby working way too many hours. I love how you are expecting Snow in February. Had to read that twice before getting it. Your new template is also very nice. Please don't ell me it's been up for a long time. Sometimes we get so used to just reading and not checking out the surroundings, but this time I noticed something different. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to read your recap of the last year. I hope your new rotation will work and you will have a wonderful new stitching year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.