9.11.2015

Events Remembered, Never to be Forgotten

That day in second grade when the spelling test was interrupted with the news that the President of the United States had been assassinated.

That night in sixth grade when I lay awake in fear and sorrow as riots broke out across the nation  (and in St Louis where I lived) in response to the murder of Martin Luther King Jr.

That day in 1986 when I watched in horror as the Challenger exploded on take off.

That day in 1991 when I sat in my living room and watched a war begin.

That morning 14 years ago today when I awoke to the news that a plane had flown into the World Trade Center in New York City, turned on the TV and watched in disbelief as a second plane was flown into the other tower.

These are the events I remember every year that I will never forget.




3 comments:

  1. So many events to remember...I know them well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. I'm too young to remember your first event, but I remember the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not in school yet and living in Uruguay when President Kennedy was shot.. and I remember an important man was shot. I may have been living in Brazil when Martin Luther King was murdered and can't pin point the memory.
    This is more of a Canadian kind of news.. but I remember where I was when I heard about Princess Dianne dying in a car accident. And of course, the challenger, when you mention it and can't ever forget 9/11.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.