We left last Tuesday afternoon to try to outrun the moisture from Odile, which never materialized in our part of the state. We arrived in Manhattan, KS mid afternoon on Thursday. The purpose of our trip, besides spending time with the kids, was to lay flooring in their home.
Dan and JD got started on Friday morning and finished the job on Sunday around lunch time. It looks beautiful! It's amazing how changing your flooring can change the entire look of your home.
Duke attempting to make friends with Piper
Dan laying the new floor in the entry
JD working on the kitchen floor
Part of Janel's container garden,
she has quite the green thumb!
Me and Janel!
Janel and JD
Piper, our new grand-cat
Nym
Me and my son!
Duke, Dan, JD
Marilyn and her staff are all terrific and available to help in any way needed. I bought four fabrics and one pattern. We'll back there again next July and of course, will stop in again. We also visited a couple of antique shops in Abilene and had a delightful lunch at Mr. K's Farmhouse. Then we ran up to Salina to Sam's Club and then back home.
On Saturday morning, I attended Janel's card club and actually made some cards! I was so nervous about this because I've not really used stamps before (Janel sells Stampin Up products). But Janel walked me through it and I thoroughly enjoyed myself!!
My first attempt at stamping
After lunch, we headed down to Aggieville for the 125th year celebration. Then Janel took me over to the mall.
On Sunday morning, we sat outside and stitched while the boys were finishing up the floor. It was glorious weather, and a nice change from stitching in the air conditioning in Phoenix!! We also got to stitch outside on the deck that afternoon after the boys were through using the saw out there.
Sunday night we went to The Little Grill for dinner. It's a Jamaican place with live music almost every night. We went there last time we were in town and loved it. It's on our list of places to definitely go every time we visit!
I came home inspired to speed up my stitching! It's hard to leave them; Dan and I agreed that we start missing them as soon as we pull out of their driveway. But this year they're coming home for Thanksgiving so I will see them soon. Since JD and Dan worked so hard while we were out there, I want to be sure to have lots of down time for them to spend together here. Jessica, Janel, and I are planning a lunch at The Spicery which will include stitching time for all three of us. I can't wait to see them again!!
Good for you two! What a great, packed visit. :)
ReplyDeleteIt always amazes me the small world we live in. Love that your son and DIL live in Manhattan, KS. My father lives there too! I have yet to go to PTP. Used to go to Abilene all the time when I was little though. Love seeing the pics!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun I know it is to see your DS and DIL who live away from you ;) the floor looks AWESOME!
ReplyDelete