We are in the midst of Back to School season here in the Valley of the Sun. Some of the schools on the east side of town started on July 21st. The districts around us are starting this week and next Monday. Usually I don't pay any attention to when school starts now that my kids are grown. But this year is different.
Sunny starts Kindergarten on Wednesday.
Kindergarten!
Where has the time gone? I'm excited for her to start school because I know she's ready for it. I can't wait to hear what she's learning. To hear about her new friends. To watch her blossom socially.
But I know that starting school is also the start of her life filling up with lots of other activities. This is not a bad thing. It's a good thing. I will miss spending several days a week with her. But, I will find other creative new ways to spend time with her.
Next week it will be back to just me and Thunder two days a week. I enjoy the one-on-one time with him. We will have many adventures of our own this school year. I will treasure every moment because next year it will be his turn to go off to 5-day pre-school, and then on to Kindergarten the next year.
They truly grow up so fast...
Wow! I have never heard of schools starting in JULY! Why is that Vicki?
ReplyDeleteSo early for school to start! Hope Sunny loves kindergarten!
ReplyDelete