7.10.2014

Family

Sunny and Thunder spent the weekend with us over the 4th of July. We watched a fireworks show on Friday night, had donuts for breakfast on Saturday morning, and had some special guests on Saturday afternoon. We had invited my folks over for dinner and swimming on Saturday, and Zach and Skye were able to come also. It is so much fun for me to watch the cousins together! I was having so much fun that I only took two photos...

Thunder, Sunny, Skye 

Huggin' Cousins

Duke was so exhausted on Sunday, he grabbed a nap in the guest room

Yesterday when the kids were over, I was rocking Sunny in the rocking chair and she told me that when she's 10, she'll be too big for me to hold. I told her that Grammy's can always hold their grandchildren - no matter how big they get. She was very skeptical, but accepted that. Then I told her that Mommy's can always hold their kids no matter how big they get. She did not believe that at all. But I told her it's true and that I can still hold each one of my kids (including her mommy) on my lap.

When Katie arrived to pick them up, Sunny told her what I said and then added that she wanted to see Mommy sit on my lap. Off we headed to the family room where Katie plopped down in my lap. For extra measure, Sunny and Thunder piled on too, so I had Dan take a picture. Now Sunny believes... however I do think that the next time Tio JD and Tio Zach come over, she's gonna want them to sit on my lap too! 

Thunder on Sunny
Sunny on Katie
Katie on me!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love that story and the pic of all sitting on your lap! You are so so right too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.