6.16.2014

Meanwhile, Back in Arizona...

If you're a news junkie like I am, you must be feeling pretty overwhelmed these days as I am. So to take our minds off of all the strife and trouble in our world, I thought I'd share photos of recent happenings in my little world:

Storm & Grammy as he turns 24 hours old!

6/7/14: Thunder, Dan, & Gabe at Sunny's dance recital. I'm not sure what look Thunder's going for in this photo!

Gabe, Thunder, Katie

We provided the traditional flowers after the show

It was very bright out and hard to get her to look at the camera

A close-up of her required make up for the recital - she loved it!

This is a sampler I stitched for one of Katie's friends.
I love how it turned out, but it sure took longer than I  anticipated!

Roberta (Abuela) & Sunny at 5th BD party

My nephew Matt & my mom, JoAnne (Gigi)

Me & the BD girl - I think everyone wore the crown but her!

Blowing out the candles

Thunder 

Grammy Summer Camp
Dan & I found this Lincoln Log set at a yard sale.
When we got it home, there was only one piece missing!
It took me 45 minutes to put it together, guess I'm out of practice.

Thunder brought his horses to play in the fort.
I'm not sure what Sunny was doing!

Jessica got Sunny a neat sewing toy for her BD. You stitch the outfits on the doll. She loves to stitch, and did a great job!

We're getting her ready for cross-stitching!

At cooking class we made Root Beer Floats.


When we were finished, Dan & Thunder loved them, but Sunny said the soda was "too spicy" and didn't drink hers!

Me & the kids taking a cool break in the pool

Storm (our cousin Bev sent him this cap - he'll grow into it!) 

Jessica got this idea from Pinterest... it's so cute!

Gramps & Storm

Grammy stealing a kiss

I can't wait to see if he keeps his strawberry blond hair!

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful catch up post! So sweet. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pics of Sunny's recital bring back so many memories for me -- so many dance recitals in our history with our DD. And she's still dancing at 24! Sunny is beautiful in her makeup -- and beautiful without too! Storm is adorable! As is Thunder of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like good news in your world .. brand new baby to kiss, recitals, parties and summer camp! I remember the bright sunshine in Arizona! I was there in August one year. Almost blinding! =) Enjoy the air conditioning inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this sweet bit of happy. Welcome to the world Storm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandkids are adorable! Storm has a lot of hair. Looks like kids are busy this summer so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting the pics of Storm, he's a doll! Now that I see the root beer float I really want one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.