5.22.2014

Grammy Summer Camp

I am going to have Sunny and Thunder three days a week from now until school starts on August 6th. Since I don't want them to just lay around and watch TV, I've come up with a summer curriculum to keep us busy having fun every day.

Generally Monday is Library day, Tuesday is music/art day, and Wednesday is cooking class (as Sunny calls it). I've also assigned each day a letter of the alphabet and some days are specific color days. I'm throwing in some theme days (Jungle Day, Circus Day, Backward Day, etc) for extra fun. Dan & I plan to ride the light rail with them one day and also take a trip on a city bus. My goals for Sunny are to teach her to read, help her with her math skills and teach her to tie her shoes. I'm going to work on counting skills with Thunder, as well as alphabet skills. I hope they don't get bored!

I had Sunny over yesterday and since it was Wednesday she was anticipating "cooking class". I hadn't planned to start until next week, so I had to come up with something that I had all of the ingredients for. I had just found a recipe for Peanut Butter M & M cookies on the Internet so that's what we made. The cookies were delicious. And as you can see from the photos below, Sunny had a great time!

(BTW, the covers are off the sockets because we're painting the kitchen)

Our ingredients: Peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, 1 egg, pink M&Ms

Showing off her mixing skills

Stirring in the M&Ms

Ready for the oven

Ready to eat!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you sound like the best grandma, Vicki! I know the kids will love their "summer camp" at you house :) I love how proud your dear granddaughter looks to have baked such great cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great grandma! Those are some lucky grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The smiles on that girl's face say it all! You are very creative in planning a curriculum for the grands! They will have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.