7.10.2012

Alphabet Summer: "M" day

This summer I am working on teaching Sunny to read the letters of the alphabet. She picks a letter for the day. We do a workbook page for that letter. She traces the letter and then tries to write it on her own. We also make a list of words that begin with that letter and I take pictures of her with those items. I send the photo page and the worksheet, along with a number worksheet home with her. I'm saving the photo pages on the computer and will present her with an "Alphabet Summer" book at the end of the summer.

It's simple, but we are enjoying this! Here's some of the photos from "M" day:

Mirror

Minnie & Mickey

Marshmallows
(you can totally tell she's getting ready to say "m-m-marsh...")

Mailbox

Milk



2 comments:

  1. Yay for M day!!! I think it is awesome to teach your grandchild her letters...and it will be a memory that she will forever cherish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. where's my picture? You didn't teach her M is for Melanie???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.